Tuesday 8 July 2014

Some coffee for you?


I became Mrs Dutta in 2007 and embarked on a new journey, a journey of faith, companionship, petty arguments, fights, funny moments and most of all LOVE. In these beautiful years I have experienced countless shades of love, which I had never experienced before and don't think I can anywhere else.

I write this blog to capture some of the funny and beautiful moments I have experienced over the last seven years of being Mrs Dutta. Before I get into some of the details, let me fill you in on some background (if you don't know me personally). We live in Gurgaon, my husband works for an MNC, I also worked in the consulting space for 8 years before giving up my job to take care of our two lovely sons.

We got married in November 2007, after a short whirl-wind courtship of four months. Ours was an arranged marriage but believe you me, by the time we were getting married I was completely in love with my husband. We were constantly in touch with each other over sms (there was no whatsapp at that time), calls and caught up on coffee dates once or twice a week.

Coming from a conservative background I had to seek permission from my mother every time I wanted to step out with my hubby-to-be. At that point we used to look forward to catching up in person, I used to put some thought into what I would be wearing and thoroughly enjoyed our conversations over cups of coffee. He would expertly tell me to put brown sugar (instead of white) into my coffee to enhance the flavour. This was a regular affair and I loved the coffee and conversation combination.

Soon after we got married, I asked my hubby, "Would you like to have some coffee?" and he replied, "No, I don't like coffee". I was completely taken by surprise and enquired how he had managed to gulp down so many cups of coffee every time we met before we got married. He innocently replied, "To give you company". From that moment on I knew, there was more to him than I knew already and that I should expect more surprises from him.

Over the next few weeks I got to know him better and one of the pleasant surprises was that he could sing old romantic numbers very well, good enough to put a smile on any girl's face.

Thus, began my journey as Mrs Dutta!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment